Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Thing #10: Web2.0 and Libraries

I read the first three articles: "Away from Icebergs," "Into a New World of Librarianship," and "To More Powerful Ways to Cooperate."

I am excited to be a part of such a rapidly changing environment. I think, thought, that the need for education is very great. I am probaby a somewhat better than average computer user, and setting up and using RSS feeds was a challange for me. The average patron who comes into our library has trouble attaching a document to an email. Or even setting up an email account. A key component, it seems, for Library 2.0 is education, and also the simlification of technology.

I found it refreshing to that in Michael Stephan's article that he believes that librarian 2.0 "controls technolust" and so doesn't spend money on technology that either isn't needed or is too complicated to take advantage of.

No comments: